Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A message from Mrs. Liew, my neighbour


I received this email from my neighbour, Mrs. Liew, wife of a committee member. My eyes filled with tear when I read it:

Ms Ki,你好,原谅我只会写华文。

刚刚看到你的email,很扎心。你的努力我们看到,
你无私的付出,比起那些不负责任,只会大声叫嚣,等那“好处”的那些人好得多多声。说真的我也有些没“力”了,但我们可不可以为这个地方做最后的努力?

昨天我跟你们跑了这么一趟,很高兴大家都有心要把我们这一区的治安做好,但去到2/9A那条路时,那里居民的反应却给我很大的冲击,久久不能平复。有几个点我们需要厘清一下:

~保安加强是不是他们的需要?他们想不想要保安的提升?有多想要? 如果他们觉得保安提升对他们没什么好处,对Semi
D的居民有很多好处,他们就不会花时间来跟我们谈这么多。如果他们觉得有需要,那又为什么这么多无法解决的意见?是不是昨天提出意见的人能代替其他沉默的人?(那些发言的人好像大多都是没有还保安费的人)


~如果他们想要保安加强是不是该付额外的钱?如果我们让步了,他们给RM88,而我们给RM100是不是就会达到共识?抑或他们只想给原来的价钱却想想获得更优质的保安服务?看得出有些居民是理智的,但都抱着观望的态度,看看那些前线发言的可不可以为他们争取到好处,但他们没有想到他们给少了,把重担加在Semi
 D的居民身上,他们的“少”如果对Semi
D的居民来说却是多很多的话,我相信我们还是会面对不能成功进行的后果。我们是不是应该个别到其他没有发言的排屋居民那里去了解他们的意愿?并清楚让他们知道如果他们不支持的话,我们会取消整个计划!说真的,整排2
 1/2 的Semi D离Flat最远,风险比较起来还没那么大。

~有人说他家进过贼,所以不会再相信保安,不参与保安,好笑咯,进过贼就可以免疫,不会再进第二次?我在以前的住宅区曾被偷过汽车轮胎,一年后整辆汽车更是habis,被偷了。也许要到那个地步他们才会醒悟,唉,可悲。。。不要被这些无建设性的话语击倒,一个人努力很吃力,但你背后还有整个委员会在支持你,还有我们这班不是委员但想搞好这个地区的人支持你,你一路上并不寂寞,为了这个社区,尽最后的努力,好吗?不要泄气,我们需要你在我们当中,Keep
 住我们心中那把火。。。


日安

Mrs Liew
---------------------------------------------------
Few of the residents in my residential area has formed a committee recently with the objective to upgrade the security system v currently have, i.e., only a guard who will patrol at an hour intervals (RM50.00 per month from each household). We plan to place a static guard at the entrance access to our area. That of course would cause the monthly fee increased. I understand RM100.00 maybe a financial burden to certain households, and we received objections/declinations. Added to that, the issue whether the security guard is licensed was also raised.Ultimately, due to various obstacles, our plan was obliged to call off.

I received various kind of negative responses.
(1) Aiyo... my house got CCTV, got alarm and auto gate, i dun think i really need that security service;
(2) our society got so dangerous meh ??? (i told them the security is to prevent rob, snatch, break-in, kidnap etc in our area)
(3) aiya, our traffic flow here is not that heavy .. (i told them with security service and reduce number of vehicles access to our area, then kids can more safely play on the road)
(4) u know ar, if I tell u who I am and what I have done previously but dun ask me, i wont tell, u probably would got shock. I oledi stayed in cheras here for more than ten yrs, i have been constantly observing the security guards, these security guards no good bla bla bla ... (I suppose he was a TAI KO who now seeling zhu yok fan)
(5) Ms. Ki, i dun see any value that we can obtain from your plan ???  (Har ?! a safer living environment is not the value meh ? I counter-asked him the value you wan is tangible or intangible ?)
(6) by the same person in item (5): Ms. Ki, i think u used the work "system" (security system) is not correct, to have a system, there must be a process. (OMG, who he think he is ??? My reply : process, v obtained quotations, checking each of the household here, doing surveys, if all these are not process, could u pls tell me what is the process ?)
(7) if our break-in, the security company will responsible for our loss or not ? i know the security in Taman up the hill there guarantee they will be responsible. (haiz, i oledi clearly told them security company will only held liable for theft case if u can prove it is their negligence or breach of duty, and the burden of proof is on the victim, where got so easy to claim your loss, uncle???)
(8) by the same uncle in item (4) : i know everything, i see things more than u see... (*pengsan... my comrade teased him in view of his age (abt 50): of course la uncle, u definitely see things more than us la....)

Haiz... the above is not exhaustive list.....


No comments:

Post a Comment