- 18/02/2013 -
10.05 am, I was still at Cheras house. Went for breakfast with elder sis before they headed back to Johor.
18/02/2013, 1.13 pm, I went for my weekly checkup at UMSC.
Prof. Dr. Siti Zawiah, my gynae at UMSC conducted pelvic examination (my 2nd pelvic examination). HAR ?!! AGAIN ??!! As I already knew how painful it is... I started to cry before the examination. Darling held my hand tight... Still no cervical dilation. So, Prof. Dr. Siti decided to pull my cervix a bit hoping that that can induce the dilation. I cried and screamed in pain...
- 19/02/2013 -
2.00 am, labour contraction started. At that moment, I was pretty sure it was true labour contraction pain (Before that, I kept asking around how does contraction pain like as I had been on and off feeling menstrual pain and was confused). At the beginning, contractions occurred every hour and lasted about few ten seconds. I didnt tell Darling about the pain.
6.00 am, the pain became more frequent, at about every 30 minutes. i briefly told Darling about the pain and continued to sleep. In fact, I wasnt really sleep but tossing left and right on the bed trying to get a better position to ease the pain. I thought the pain will not intensify so soon.
8.00 am, I can't endure anymore. Intensity of contractions increased and became progressively more painful, more more frequent, at every 15 minutes. I started to feel panic and called Darling who just reached office. "Darling, can you come back now ar ? my pain is getting more frequent. I afraid that I cant wait liao... But, dun rush. Water not yet break and still no bloody show. Drive safely."
9.00 am, pain at every 10 minutes. Darling was stuck in morning traffic.
9.30 am, finally Darling was back. Without further ado, we headed to UMSC. Thank god traffic all the way was smooth.
10.50 am, I was admitted and already in labour room, preparing for the arrival of my Ethan boy boy. Another pelvic examination was conducted by senior nurse. ARGH !!!!! the contraction pain was so forceful yet my cervix was not dilated. Not even 1 cm.. OMG !!! I refused to put epidural before Prof. Dr. Siti comes. Therefore, the senior nurse suggested me to take laughing gas instead.
3.50 pm, still in pain. Finally, Prof. Dr. Siti was here. She conducted the 4th pelvic examination. Cried again... Why do I need go through such torturing experiences for so many times ??? No dilation... I want to pengsan liao. Prof. Dr. Siti suggested to put me on epidural and she will artificially break the water. Agreed. Dr. Wong Kong Kwong was called for putting labour epidural. During which, darling was not allowed in the labour room. According to a nurse "your hubby is very worried and is jumping outside". About half an hour later, I felt relief.... no more pain. "Darling, why are you jumping outside just now?" "I heard you screamed, I am not jumping, I am trying to peep from the window.." Then Prof. Dr. Siti broke my water. I saw and felt nothing. According to Darling, Dr. Siti inserted a device looks like a plastic elongated knife into my vagina, then a lot of water gushed out.I fall sleep after that...
7.10 pm, Dr Siti came to conduct the 5th pelvic examination. This time I no more crying as I felt nothing... Uhooo.... only 3 cm dilated. Based on general calculation, 1 cm of dilation in one hour. I need to have 10 cm dilation, which means another 7 hours. Dr. Siti checked and emptied my bladder with a straw-like apparatus. "Darling, a lot of urine ka ??" "yes, a lot." My bladder was full and I felt nothing.
147 was my baby heart rate ; 46% was the contraction. The highest was 70+% .. Thanks for the invention of epidural.
10.00 pm, another senior nurse came to conduct the 6th pelvic examination, 7 cm dilation and Dr Siti was called to standby.
11.00 pm, Dr. Siti was here and they set up the labour equipments. The practice here is epidural will be turned off. Dr wants mummy to feel the contraction pain and push instead of depending on the readings on machine. Argh.... pain was back.
11.45 pm, Dr. Siti taught me how to push. "When you feel pain, just take a deep breath, then push as strong as possible like you are having hard stool. Dun push when u r not pain, ok ?!" "Understand." "Lets start.."
- 20/02/2013 -
12.00 am, after 15 minutes of pushing, I failed to push out my baby... Dr. Siti suggested to take a 15 minutes break for my cervix to dilate further.
12.30 am, Dr. Siti and nurses were back. The pushing process continued... "The pain is coming back.. ready..one two.. hmmmm.... hmmm....". Fail... Another try, fail.. fail.. fail.... "老婆, 加油. I see baby's head liao.." " Serious ?!" "Yes yes.." Then Dr Siti asked Darling to show me the photos taken to boost my spirit.
Ah... Mummy baby.. Mummy see you liao.. Mummy will try harder... "Dr, lets continue. One two ... hmmmm..." FAIL FAIL FAIL... I was exhausted and no energy liao.. I have been starving for 12 hours (Dr. Siti said no to eat in case I need to go for C-section as my baby is quite big). Dr. Siti asked if I agree to have vacuum to help me. "Vaccum please.."
Another hard push with help of vacuum. PUSH......
"老婆,baby head is out already!" "Dr.. Do I need to continue to push ?!!" "Yes. continue when pain is back." "Ok... ok.."
1.11 am, another "POP" !!! "nga nga nga.... " baby is out, my baby is out... "Phew !"
Ethan boy was placed on my body. "Mummy boy boy, mummy finally see you liao.."
My baby, Ethan Lim Wei Zhang, born on 20/02/2013
(农历正月初十一), 1.11 am, length 53.5 cm, weight 3.8 kg
After Ethan boy born, Darling followed him to nursery and abandoned me.. :-(
"Dr., you see, my husband has baby, dun wan me liao.." " No worries, tomolo will be another way round." "ha ha ha.. true true !"
Mission impossible was finally accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment